Here are some things you can try:
- Make up your mind to do it.
- Think of all the negative things and how you felt doing the old behavior.
- Make time for yourself to focus on this.
- Get lots of exercise and eat healthier.
- Get lots of rest too!
- Ask for support from family and friends. Tell them what you’re working on.
It takes from 28 to 30 days to break a habit.
Take it one day at a time, one minute at a time.
Feel proud for every minute you do not engage in your old destructive behavior!
DON’T replace one bad habit with another!
If all else fails reach out to a therapist for help.