Every therapist you will work with will have their own orientation in working with families to improve their relationships and personal selves.
My personal orientation includes:
1. Psychodynamic Theory because I feel it is important to understand the history of the person and how it affects the person today.
- I also believe in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to understand the thoughts, feelings and behaviors of a person.
- Existentialism looks for meaning and purpose in life, which I believe, contributes to better mental health.
- My Solution Focused orientation focuses on solving real time problems in a short time.
- DBT is useful in working with clients who need help with emotional regulation.
All these big words mean nothing without a deeper understanding of how these orientations work to help you.
For a better understanding of these theories applied to real life scenarios follow the link below.